Friday, December 19, 2008

nagi noda's magical world of hair-giraffes and stop-motion doppelgangers




I've only recently discovered Japanese pop artist Nagi Noda, but I'm really, really digging her work.






Particularly these animal-shaped "hair hats", which I would swear were clever photo-manipulations if I didn't know otherwise. Makes me wish I had long hair that I could sculpt into a giraffe head.






You can watch some music videos directed by Ms. Noda at this address. I especially like "Sentimental Journey". The song's not fantastic, but the video's concept and execution are like visual free-verse poetry, lyrical and surprising. I'm not going to try to explain it here; it really has to be watched.

Sadly, Ms. Noda died at the tragically young age of 35 back in September. It's truly a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment